Tuesday 27 August 2013

Take these chains from my heart

I love it when a plan comes together, and this project did just that. I bought the mask after seeing Ali demo it on TV, then on my first trip to the craft shop of the weekend, I found the frame. I inked the frame with Chipped Sapphire DI, added clear UTEE then sprayed over Cosmic Shimmer. When reheated, the mica in the shimmer sinks into the UTEE leaving a lovely mottled texture. Next I added texture paste through the mask - the paste didn't take to the base evenly but I loved the distressed look this gave. Once the paste was dry, I reapplied the stencil and went over with Perfect Medium and Denim embossing powder - this then filled it the missing textured pattern and added to the distressed look.

Also over the weekend I made my own paper by putting wet toilet roll through an embossing folder. Once dry, I inked with Chipped Sapphire and sealed it with clear embossing powder before adding it to the frame back.

The heart is paper mache, triple embossed in gold, then stamped whilst still molten. I wrapped some chain around, added the charm and keys before sticking down. To highlight the textures, I added a little gilding wax.




4 comments:

  1. love all those gorgeous layers... such detail! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning project! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete