Wednesday 18 June 2014

Poppies


This started life as a different project 'in my head'; it was going to be a card and I was all set to use a different technique, but ended up going off on a tangent and ended up with a plaque. I really enjoy mixing up my masks, background stamps and embossing folders to see where they take me.


I have a pretty full summer of crafting planned, and part of that involves going back to my roots in sewing/dressmaking. Time was, I used to design and make all my clothes, but then fabric got too expensive and clothes got cheaper plus I didn't seem to have the time. Recently though, my fingers have been itching and I've been stockpiling fabric and patterns all ready for turning into lushness.




My first project is a  retro blouse using an original 50's pattern - never used a vintage pattern before, so it was a bit of a steep learning curve! 

And finally, we have our blog hop winners - a full list is on the Creative Expressions Blog, but the randomly chosen winner from my commenters is Jackie Durrant. Well done Jackie!


No comments:

Post a Comment