Thursday 14 August 2014

Friends

I'm having a lovely creative time at the moment, I've been working with the Christmas stamps I mentioned last week, and also these super new floral stamps. For this weeks card, I went with a kraft base and added watercolour shimmer paints .


First, I painted my kraft cardstock with warm white matt chalk paint


I stamped and heat embossed in gold onto the dried painted card - go over the card with an anti static pad, just in case!


I used the pastel watercolour set to paint the image. I tore the card to reveal the kraft core.


I painted blocks of the same colours I used in the main image onto another piece of chalk painted kraft and cut into squares.


I used the quilted flower  embossing folder to emboss the card, but to add variety, I placed opposing squares face down so that the deboss would be face up.


I mounted the image onto a die cut which I'd also given the paint treatment.


I matted the squares onto plain kraft, then embossed kraft and added a sentiment and some adhesive pearls to finish.

Thanks for stopping by - I really hope you'll take the time to leave me a comment.
Tx





No comments:

Post a Comment