Thursday 16 October 2014

Into the Blue


Another card this week using the new frame stamps from Creative Expressions. This time I 've gone for a very technique based  card. For the background, I used Distress Paints applied with the swoosh technique to cover the white card. I allowed this to dry completely before stamping with black Archival using the Sam Poole Newsprint Swirls and then with  Perfect  Medium using Floral Silhouettes stamps. I clear embossed the flowers, and when cooled, I went over the whole piece with Picket Fence Distress Paint. Before the paint had chance to dry, I rubbed it off to just leave a chalky film over the card.



For the focal element, I stamped one of the floral silhouettes onto white card and clear embossed. Then I stamped the frame using Faded Jeans DI. I made a mask of the central aperture so that I could stamp the crackle texture behind the roses. Finally I added various shades of blue DI befire buffing off any residual ink.



Black adds a dramatic contrast and draws you into the card to show off the techniques. A black bow, pearls and a perfectly appropriate mini cameo were all I needed to finish the card.

TFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment