Monday 3 June 2013

So inspired

Yesterday was a very productive day for me. Whilst I had my morning brew, I had my usual internet mooch and found lushness at Ranger. So much inspiration there, but I was really taken with Tammy Tutterow's fused glass technique. I loved it, but I'm going to have another go as mine turned out much too dark and lack the definition that Tammy's have.



As you can tell, they're really tiny so next time I'll scale up to help with definition.

I was also taken with Lisa's pliable beeswax technique. Lisa used a texture tread, which I don't have (yet!) so I thought this was something to try at a later date, but then I decided to give it a go on an unmounted grey rubber stamp - what's the worse that could happen right? Well it worked to a degree - my UTEE blew everywhere due to my eagerness to play and I certainly think the treads are a better option than a stamp, but I'm still pleased with the result. I inked my stamp with versamark and then brushed on some mica powder to help it release. Again, this is something I will try again and experiment.


The wax technique became part of a mixed media canvas. I started with a salted inky background, added  dragonflies stamped onto tissue paper which I stuck down with brushed beeswax. I stamped into a thicker area of wax and highlighted this bit with mica. Then I die cut some metal drinks cans for the flourish and flowers - the flowers I then inked with alcohol inks. Finally, I added my pliable beeswax technique plaque.






So I ended the day creatively satisfied as evidenced by my filthy mitts - if I needed another way of measuring how creative I've been it would surely be by how mucky I get. If I'm not stained and glued up, I mustn't have  been trying hard enough!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm going to have to give this a try with my unmounted rubber stamps... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Very interesting techniques you applied, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh mucky fingers, the best way to be... inky fingers = happy times! Love your creation... not had a chance to see Lisa's tut so am off now for a nosey, thanks for the reminder :) and... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete